New Media Player Controls

By Tayseer Elsawi 5 years ago
Answered

Hi! I really like the new media player. Good job. I’m curious about something though, why did you remove the swipe gesture control to fast forward or rewind in portrait view? This gesture used to be there in the older version, now it’s only in landscape view. Just to clarify, Im talking about the gesture where you place your finger anywhere on the screen and simply swip to seek the video/audio back and forth. It was so convenient and precise. I can easily drag without going too far back or forward. Can you please bring this feature back? Keep up the good work. Thanks!

Replies (1)

photo

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback! This feature is now available in the landscape mode. Even though you can still swipe back/forward directly placing your finger on a seek bar 😉

photo

Naturally the area dedicated to the seek bar is very small since it’s on portrait view. So it is not only difficult to place my finger on it, it is very hard to move it accurately. Its either too forward to too back. The gesture was convenient, because we lack space on portrait view. It’s just too narrow. It’s still in landscape view though. Frankly it isn’t too hard to seek accurately in landscape, because of the space. Can you bring it back?

photo

We will discuss it with developers 👍

photo

Thanks! Keep up the good work 😁

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file