Unable to download on iOS

By J. P. Jones 20 months ago
Solved

Since the latest Aloha update (to 4.1.1) I have been unable to download on any iOS device. All downloads fail immediately with a message ‘link is expired’. This had not happened prior to the update when the same sites would download without issue.

This does not happen on android devices (I tested the download facility on an old Samsung phone without any problems), just iOS - both iPhone and iPad (the latest versions).

This has to be an bug with the latest update, so can I ask if it is known and if/when it will be fixed.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting.

What iOS version do you currently have and please attach at least one video URL with the download error for testing. Thanks!

photo

I’m currently on iOS 16 developer beta 5. There’s no download button. Is this a bug or because I’m on beta? I remember it working fine on previous betas. Going to full screen shows no download button at all.

photo

Yes, this is iOS 16 bug, thats why we need video URL for testing.

photo
photo

Thank you for your reply. The last video I was trying to download was from here. https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/infighting-plagues-new-jersey-police-department/3781789/

I’m not having download errors, I’m just completely missing the download button on the full screen. This isn’t the only video. iOS 16 beta 6. iPhone 12 Pro Max if that helps. Thank you again.

photo

It will be fixed in upcoming releases, in the meantime please use long tap the video content to download files 👍

photo
photo

Thank you! I’ll be waiting. I appreciate the replies & help.

photo

Surprised to see this as solved as the original issue - not being able to download - still remains. The latest update has not solved it at all.

I have ascertained that the problem appears to be with m4u8 videos. It only happens with these types of file on iOS, fine on android.

iOS 15.6.1 Aloha 4.2.2

I was paying for premium but have stopped now - what’s the point if it doesn’t work properly?

photo

Hi there,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Can you please attach a few video urls where you still come across download errors?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file