Picture in Picture stops working after a few minutes

By Yevin215 19 months ago
Solved

Hi, Just update to IOS 16 and Picture in Picture stops working after a few minutes. When i re open the app it takes me a to a new home page meaning the app has refreshed while it was minimized.

I have "play video in background" enabled and background app refresh is turned on for Aloha but the issue still persists

Not sure how to fix this but i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app a few times as well. Still no luck.

Any Solutions?

Replies (2)

photo

Thanks for reporting! This bug will be resolved in the next release, so please hang on!

Kind regards,

Aloha Team

photo

I don’t think this is an Aloha problem but mainly a YouTube iOS 16.0 problem. I have tried a few browsers and they have all lead to the same problem but other streaming platform such as Vimeo works well without any issues. Maybe YouTube have finally disabled background play for standard mobile users

photo

I get what your saying, that maybe Youtube is the culprit, but in my case its not just the site that stop playing, the entire app as a whole refreshes meaning its the same as closing the app from the task switcher and then coming back. So im pretty sure even if Youtube did have a say in the matter about all this background playing thing, right now the issue is with the whole app not just Youtube.

photo

Quick Update

I just factory reset my Iphone through iTunes, Installing a fresh copy of IOS 16 (16.02) and now the issue seems to be fixed. So yes, Charles, you were right this is not a Aloha thing but more of an IOS thing, but for anyone wondering that's a fix but im not sure if reinstalling IOS over iTunes is the most viable option so if there is a fix out there that does not involve resetting your phone feel free to drop it in here

photo

This bug has been resolved in the latest Aloha release, so please update Aloha app 👌

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file