Upvote 1

Help Needed: Video Download Manager Disabled in Browser

Answered Down Techz 38 days ago

Hi there! I recently had a video download manager installed in my browser, which I relied on heavily. Unfortunately, it seems to have been disabled, and I'm not sure how to get it back up and running. Could anyone offer some guidance on how to re-enable it or suggest alternative solutions? Your help would be greatly appreciated! 🙏

Replies (10)

photo

Good day,

Thanks for your feedback. What device model do you use?

Regards,

Aloha Team

photo

Windows 11

photo

also i want to know if your video downloader can download .ts video files and save them in mp4 extension

photo

I used to have a video download feature on Windows about 7-8 months ago, but now it's gone. This feature is essential for me, so I'm considering using Aloha.

Currently, I'm using the Brave browser for VPN and Coccoc as my main browser. Coccoc has a download feature, including the ability to download .ts files and convert videos to MP4. However, Coccoc is not as fast as your browser. Without the download feature, I can't switch to Aloha, but I could purchase Aloha VPN Premium for VPN needs.

I hope you didn't disable the video download feature. It was available before, and it might be a bug that's preventing it from showing up now.

photo

I've read on forums that the issue might be that some websites don't allow video downloads, which is why the download button isn't showing up. If a website does allow downloads, we could download directly from there without needing your video downloader.

I tried several websites, including the one where I previously saw the download button, but none of them are showing the video download button now. Here are some of the sites I checked:

https://doodstream.com/
https://www.youtube.com/
https://www.privatevod.com, which hosts .ts files that I can download easily with the Coccoc browser.
Currently, I'm facing issues with Coccoc when using multiple user profiles; it stops displaying properly and requires constant minimizing and restoring. This is why I'm considering switching to your browser, provided it has video download capabilities and supports multiple profiles.

photo

The video download icon is now appearing, and the video is showing up. However, I've disabled video autoplay, so the downloader only detects the video when it’s playing. I don’t want to play the video just to download it. If your browser can detect videos even when they’re not playing, that would be ideal; otherwise, Aloha might not be suitable for me.

Additionally, the downloader should automatically save the video with the title from the source website. At the moment, I have to manually enter the file name each time I download a video, which is not convenient.

photo

downlaoder also buggy sometime showing sometime not showing on same website

photo

still waiting for answer

photo

So to answer your question, our Windows version does not have its own player, it uses native website video player. If you load a video in the browser and the downloading icon is not visible in the toolbar, that means this specific website does not allow downloading or it's simply not supported.

photo

there is some issue with your video downloader
on the same website it is sometimes showing and sometimes not showing download button

photo

Can you add couple of examples for testing? Which videos work and does not work from the same site?

photo

on all websites randomaly video download icon appear and randomly dont appear

photo

195681695d17b96d30235353a061239f

photo

We still need links to videos for testing, as we are not aware of this behaviour and it hasn't been reported previously.

photo

i already sent you some links which i tested
and also i told you that on all websites it is not showing

photo

The links are of websites, we need links of specific videos that are missing the download option.

photo

We have traced the download error on this specific site and its been forwarded to our team for fixes. We will do our best to resolve it in the future release.

Regards,

Aloha Team

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file