iOS vr player not using correct orientation

By Vriscka Serket 2 years ago
Solved

When I open the vr player on my iPhone X, Aloha only plays the video so I’m looking at the side of the scene. It won’t move from that view.

I used to be able to watch vr videos just fine. Then it would start the video with me looking at the side of the scene. I could get around this by holding my phone sideways while the video loaded. Then, when I held my phone towards me, it would look at the front of the scene.

Now the vr player won’t do even that. It will open up the video and play it, and it will enter vr mode. But when I try to move around the scene it doesn’t respond to motion controls at all. I’m stuck looking at the bottom of the video.

Deleting and downloading the video did not solve the issue. Neither did reinstalling the app.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. Can I see this behaviour in the screenshots/screen recording?

photo

This is a 2d video so it would be playing in the VR theater, but the problem persists with normal binocular videos in exactly the same way.

photo

I think I’ve solved it. Uninstalling the app and restarting my device, then reinstalling the app, made the issue return to its previous state.

It still starts the video looking sideways, but motion controls work.

photo

Great! Thanks for the thumbs up! Take care,

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file