Aloha web app creation

By Demeatrice Webster 2 years ago
Answered

Hi everyone, I have a question for an Aloha app feature on my iPhone XR.

The Aloha app has a feature where you can add a web address to your iOS home screen. I loved using this feature for YouTube because it allowed me to use picture in picture mode without purchasing YouTube red. However, when I try to create a Web app for the home screen now I get the following error message:

This site can’t be reached

“The webpage at http://localhost:8246/s might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_UNSAFE_REDIRECT”

Does Anyone know a workaround so I can start using the Web app feature again?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi there,

Thanks for posting!

Please try to set Safari as your default browser in the device settings. It should do the trick!

photo

Works perfectly thank you!

photo

Hey there! I have the exact same issue and when I choose Safari as my default browser I get this error “ Safari can't open the page.

The error was: "Not allowed to use restricted network port".”

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks!

photo

Hi there,

What Aloha and iOS version do you currently have and device model please?

Also, please reboot your device and try again, any luck?

photo

I have an iPhone 14, Aloha Browser v4.8.2 and iOS 16.4.1(a). Rebooting didn’t fix it!

photo

Please go to Aloha settings - about - in the form please attach screen recording of the issue then tap send. Thanks,

photo

In the about section I find “Feedback” and some other options. None of them give me the possibility to attach a screen recording. Here however I can, so I attached it.

photo
photo

I myself having the same problem it open a link in safari “data:….” Something and says to click on share and then add to home screen but there shows no option to add to home screen plus your adblocker does nothing ,absolute nothing no adblock

Leave a Comment

Attach a file