Why did a file download automatically?

By Saam 5 years ago
Completed

Hi there,

So the weirdest thing happened. I was using Aloha on my iPhone like normal when I suddenly looked away for a second. When I looked back at my phone I saw the "download completed" notification. I look at my download section and I see a new file downloaded.

Whats weird is that I wasn't actually on a site where I was downloaded anything and I don't even remember clicking on a "Download" link in the 5 minutes prior. I checked my history to see if I somehow mistakenly visited a link that got a file downloaded but I saw nothing.

Why did this happen? I'm curious .

And is there a way to check the source of a downloaded file. Just to double check. Like in chrome on my laptop, I can see the "link" the file was downloaded from. Is there something similar in aloha on iOS that allows me to do that?

Thank you.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. You cannot check the source of a downloaded file in Aloha.

photo

Wow

photo
photo

cheers for replying.

any idea what might have caused that random download? I can't for the life of me remember downloading anything?

photo

Hey,

You might have had paused and resumed file in the background, or perhaps someone else has access to your device. We cant explain it otherwise.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file