Cant play YouTube videos in background post new update (IOS)

By Majora Mask 4 years ago
Solved

I just downloaded the new update and now I can’t play YouTube videos in the background anymore. I’m not sure if it’s on your end or YouTube’s but I’d thought I bring it to your attention.

Stats are:

Aloha Ver. 2.15.2

iOS: 11.4.1

Looking forward to your response!

(Edit) Also, I have on the “Play Video in Background” option turned on.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi there,

Please update Aloha app manually in the app store, version 2.16.0 is available and has a fix 😉

photo

Thank you very much for the quick fix! I also appreciate the added bonus of not needing to restart the video when I leave the app as now it keeps playing. Great service! 5/5

photo

Hi.

I started having a similar issue right after i updated the app to the latest version. The problem i’m having is, i can listen to youtube in the background but the option to pause or play isnt displayed on my lock screen. It just says ‘music’. So if i press pause from the lock screen or when i’m off the app, i have to go back on the app just to play it again.

I have ios 13 which is what i had before i updated aloha today- and it used to work fine

photo

This behaviour with media player control will be resolved in upcoming releases, so please stay tuned 👍

photo

Hi. I still haven’t found this issue to be resolved, despite updating frequently

photo
photo

yes, same is happening on my device also, it is not playing in the background

photo

Hey,

What Aloha version do you currently have?

photo

Hi. This is still unresolved. I can technically listen to youtube in the background but if i pause the video from the lock screen then i have to go back on youtube just to play the video again. When will it be fixed?

photo

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting. We are working to add improvements in this case, so please keep up with the updates 👍

photo

Hi. Any news on when this issue will be fixed?

photo

We are still working on it!

photo
photo

Since the update there are many video streaming sites which now cannot play the video.

please tell me how can I downgrade to the older version

Leave a Comment

Attach a file