VPN turns off wifi entirely.

By Tom Von Deck 2 years ago
Solved

I use Aloha for desktop. The VPN works for a few minutes but then my normal wifi connection dies and Aloha creates its own, and that dies, too. No internet at all if I use VPN. No websites will load.

Replies (3)

photo

Thanks for reporting! What Aloha version do you currently have?

photo

It's the current one.

photo

I installed Aloha within the past 6 or 7 hours.

photo

And what windows version do you currently have? Please open page in new tab: aloha://version take a screenshot and send it to us. Thanks,

photo

Hi. Here's the file.

photo

... and I can't stream videos in the Android browser. Progressive downloads take a lot longer than it would take to watch the video itself. Just a spinning circle. Constant. It worked OK yesterday, but I can't watch videos today.

photo

Thanks for the screenshot, could you please also add a log file report, go to: C:\Users\%USER_NAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\aloha_vpn.txt (change %USER_NAME% to local user name in windows)

photo

Hi. File attached.

photo

Please open RUN "win + R", then open "services", find "AlohaMobile VPN service" and Restart the service. Let us know how it goes!

photo

I opened Run but I need to know how to get to Services and open it.

photo

Please write "services" in Open field and click 'OK'.

photo

That made the Run box disappear when I clicked the OK button. Are you sure those are the correct instructions?

photo

We will send you detailed instructions with the screenshots, however we need to know the windows version you are currently using.

photo

Hi. Windows 10.

photo

Thanks! On windows 10 please type "services" in the search (next to the"Start" button), then select Services app (please see attachment image).

Then in the service app tap Alohamobile service and click Restart (please see attachment image).

photo

Hi. Still the same problem. After a few minutes using the VPN, ALL internet turns off. Wifi shuts off and VPN network shuts off. Then, nothing but 404 errors.

photo

Lets try these methods:

1, Check your system date and time. incorrect date and time settings on your Windows 10 PC can block your VPN.

2. Exclude VPN in your antivirus settings

• Launch Windows Defender Security Center
  • Now, go to Virus & Threat protection settings
  • Select Exclusions
  • Now, select Add or remove exclusions
  • Select Add an exclusion and add Aloha VPN service

3. Enable VPN software in Windows Firewall

• Go to Start > Type Allow a program through Windows firewall and then hit the Enter key
  • Click on Change Settings options
  • Now, click on Allow another program
  • Select the Aloha browser or click Browse to find the VPN software, and then click OK

Let me know if it helps!

photo

It's 100% correct. Does Aloha's VPN get Arizona time correct? It's in Mountain Time until March and then Pacific Time until November.

photo

... And I tried adding the exclusion. It asks whether it's a file, folder, file type, or process. And the Firewall instructions are incomplete, too. It makes me browse for a file.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file