Cannot synch bookmarks/transfer files via wifi

By Kevin Way 2 years ago
Completed

WIndows 10 (x2)

iOS 15.5

red cloud icon regardless of logged in or not. Aloha profile shows all three devices. I can live with the Windows 10--just import updates from Firefox (though cannot synch which means double the work). Cannot get book marks onto iOS.

Premium subscription (for now).

Replies (4)

photo

Addendum: Profile icon always has red "x" on Windows' browser--assuming that needs to be blue checkmark (displayed on iOS app browers). Is it a Windows' setting as opposed to Aloha issue? If so, What needs to changed?

Thanks

photo

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Can I see these errors in the screenshot please?

photo

Thanks for response. No Error Message per se. It's just that nothing happens-nothing to indicate a synch in progress and no change in local bookmarks. Screenshots of account icons for Windows desktop (red cloud) and iOS 15.1.1 (blue cloud) attached. I would think the blue cloud suggests the device is ok with the account to synch. My guess it's the desktop is not. Any suggestions to troubleshoot?

photo

Thanks for the screenshots, so sync option is not available yet in the desktop version. Are you also experiencing issue with wifi file sharing?

photo

My fault on Windows 10. Sorry about that.

I don't use file sharing, but it seemed to work when I tried.

I can synch iOS to iOs (added Aloha to an infrequently used iPad), but have hundreds of bookmarks shared on Safari and Firefox. I am not able to import them to the non-desktop versions of Aloha (i.e,, my iOS devices). Adding them one at a time is simply not feasible.

Efforts to import html have been unsuccessful. I need to do so to make Aloha my "go to" browser. I could only import to the Windows 10 desktop.

Is it possible to import bookmarks to the iOS browser?

When will the Windows browser be able to synch?

Thanks.

photo

Yes, bookmarks import/export will be available in iOS later on.

Sync for Windows is in the works at the moment, so we are doing our best to deliver it as soon as possible!

Take care,

photo

Ok, thanks. I misunderstood current capabilities for iOS and Windows. Appreciate responses and will stick with premium services.

Stay well.

photo
photo

why would anyone pay for a web browser? on any level? Chrome browser had syncing, for free. since day 1..... you geniuses are tryna charge ppl for vpn (free in any flavor linux gui distro) as a premium feature?!?

i'm confident you all regret releasing this limping attempt at a payomatic web browser you thought would pile in trillion$ and i can only imagine the mood and the faces in development team's over-caffeinated zoom meetings BUT THE SYNCING BETWEEN THE OS PLATFORMS IS THE MOST COVETED, BASIC FEATURE PEOPLE EXPECT WILL WORK!!

I suppose i'm just tryna find out...which features that you boldly brag about surpassing other free browsers ACTUALLY WORK?!

photo

Hi there,

We offer plenty of free features and settings. Free VPN is available, sync data is also free via Aloha Profile. All the major Browser functions are free of charge in Aloha app and only additional settings and extras are paid, which is completely optional, you can carry on using the free version!

photo
photo

You continue to state “sync data is free via Aloha profile”

BUT IT DOES NOT SYNC

please describe the steps you took to get your data synced. 

Thank you 

photo

Go to Aloha settings - Profile - register with Aloha Profile - then in Aloha Profile settings tick which data you wish to sync: Bookmarks/tabs/history/settings -then on any other ios or android device - go to Aloha app - Aloha Profile - log in to your profile - All ticked data will be synced.

photo

well, tell me,

Does the sync work for Windows or not? every time I click on "Sync" it opens my aloha profile page and nothing else happens. no sync, nothing.

photo

Sync feature is not yet available in the Windows version, the team is currently working on it 🛠

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file