I can cast a video from online not a saved one in download. I have no issue with other apps.

By Je S0 15 months ago
In Progress

I download files for presentations, I am on the same network, I cast the file from my downloads and it won’t play in the app. I save the file to iCloud and it shows up in my pictures it plays. It is any video saved. Only having issues with this browser. I uninstalled, reinstalled the browser, I reset the tv to factory, I reset the phone to factory, I reset the lab top. I tried 3 tv’s and 2 projectors with cast. I even connected to the adhoc connections the tvs create and try to play a file they don’t get the data. Was on with tv support and they said something is blocking the file from being saved from the app.

Replies (5)

photo

Hey, thanks for reporting!

What Aloha version, OS version and device model do you have?

photo

I have a iPhone 13 Pro Max with ios 16.2(20C25)

photo

This issue is known to us and we will do our best to resolve it as soon as possible!

Kind regards,

Aloha team

photo

Just an fyi this is still happening. I did find a work around. On the control center i connect the media player to apple tv (not the screen mirroring) Then load the vid from downloaded section on aloha it streams and i can move out of the app and do whatever i want to do with the phone while its casting.

photo

Thanks for the tip!

photo
photo

Still getting this problem :-(

Copy a video to iPhone photos and you can cast/screen mirror to a tv.

Try and play a video from within Aloha downloads and you just get a message on both the iPhone and the tv that this video is being played.

It’s almost like screen mirroring is preventing the tv actually showing the video stream. Like screen mirroring should be turned off and casting should be in.

I can’t figure it out.

Whats frustrating is it used to work.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file