"What to do with this link" context menu

By Benjamin Cheong 9 months ago
Completed

Hi,

When I long press on a link in Aloha Browser on Android, it used to bring up the "What to do with this link" context menu that allowed me to select from various options on how to handle the link (eg Open, Open in New Tab, Open in Background Tab, Copy link, etc). However, in the latest version of Aloha, it only shows that menu briefly and then switches over to a new pop-up just showing the link with a button to copy, Aloha Open and Aloha Save to Downloads.

How do I stop it going to that second screen and just staying on the "What to do with this link" menu instead?

Thank you!

Replies (3)

photo

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Please go to Aloha Settings - About - Feedback - in the form please attach screen-recording of this behaviour with the links menu, then tap 'Send'. Thank you,

Regards,

Aloha Team

photo

I tried to use the aloha android app to submit the feedback, but there is no attach function. I am attaching it here instead.

photo

Seems like a glitch of some sort, can you please reboot device and relaunch Aloha then try again? Let me know how it goes!

photo

Same behavior. I've even reinstalled Aloha and it is still the same.

photo
photo

In this case, please specify:

- device model

- Android version

- steps to reproduce the issue (including the website), it will be really helpful!

photo

- Device Model : OnePlus 11 5G

- Android Version : 13 (OxygenOS 13.1)

- Steps: Long press on any link (almost any website) to bring up the context menu (as per the video i attached earlier)

photo

Please also attach the link where you experience this behaviour, we need it for testing ๐Ÿ› ๏ธ

photo

news.google.com

Just long press on any of the images and the behavior will occur.

photo

Got it!

We are getting closer to tracing this issue and include the fix to be published with v4.12 (it is going to be released in the beginning of August).

We would appreciate if you confirm that the issue is gone once the release is out and you update your device ๐Ÿ™

photo

Hi, just to update you - I've downloaded the latest update via Google Play yesterday and the problem is fixed. Thank you for picking up this fix!

photo

Great! Thanks for the thumbs up ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file