Problems with Aloha Browser the last time

By Ralf Gärtner 2 years ago
Completed

Hi there!

I had a few problems with my Aloha the last time, these are

- Since I the update of my iPhone XSMax on iOS 15.1 the transfer from movie files (mp4) from the iPhone photo app to Aloha needs again very very long (the problem seemed to be solved before).

- After the update on iOS 15.0 a few weeks ago my whole download section of Aloha was empty, I lost a lot of files. It happened again after update on iOS 15.0.1 and so on ...

And two question I already asked before

- Is it planned to implement a SloMo function for the Aloha movie player?

- Is it planned to implement stepless zooming and shifting of the image section for Aloha movies player (similar to the player in the iPhone photo app)?

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards, Ralf

Replies (6)

photo

Hi there, Ralf

Thanks for reporting slower speed, we will look into it!

- missing files can be restored with this method: go to Aloha Downloads Settings -> enable 'Files Access' switch -> exit settings and pull down Aloha downloads page to refresh.

- at the moment SloMo is not planned ( we will consider it!)

- stepless zooming is not the in the plans either, but will be considered 👍

Thanks for your suggestions!

photo

Hi there people of Aloha,

I made the update a few days ago and want to let you know about a few problems.

- Streaming over AppleTV does not work properly. The picture jerks and the resolution is partially pixelated, even more in the Slow-mo function (thanks for it btw). A problem never showed in older versions.

- Streaming starts always at the point where you left off before. Is there an option to deactivate this, that a clip can always start at the beginning?

Thanks for a reply.

Regards, Ralf

photo

Hi, Ralf!

Thanks for your message!

- in regards to streaming to Apple TV, could you please attach video URL for testing?

- yes, we will add a button to disable this feature in the next release 👍

photo

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I have no URL, I don’t stream from the internet. I streamed the clips from the download section locally saved. The clips are crystal clear in 1080- or 2160 p resolution and they play properly on the smartphone, also in slo-mo.

Regards, Ralf

photo

Thanks for clearing this up. We will look into it 🛠

If you could just add some more info for us:

• What generation apple tv do you have?
  • or did you mean Apple TV app installed on smart box/smart tv (what model do you have please if thats the case).

Thanks!

photo
photo

Hi there, there are a few problems with Aloha Browser I had the last time. These are:

- DOWNLOADS: The downloads only run when the Aloha is active in the foreground. Otherwise, downloads will be canceled immediately, even if the Aloha app is in the foreground and the iPhone goes into lock state.

- AIRPLAY VIA APPLE TV ON THE TV SCREEN: Since the update to iOS 16, the airplay on the TV set via Apple TV has changed. Playback is with a black frame (not full screen) and the control bar is permanently visible. In addition, the movie is played back in parallel on the iPhone, which is annoying. Before the update on iOS 16 it worked properly. In full screen mode, no visible control bar and the iPhone screen was inactive/black.

Regards, Ralf

photo

Hey,

- Background downloading has been disabled due to iOS restrictions. There is not much we can do in this case.

- The team is aware of various bugs with the latest iOS 16 version. It will be fixed in upcoming releases 👍

photo
photo

Thanks for the fast reply. I look forward to the next Aloha update!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file